Search for atmospheres
Murky water hides the ruins of ancients...
The Mangrove Marsh
Stilted mangroves grow as far as the eye can see, their twisted boughs barely rising above the muck. You know the witch-doctor lives around here somewhere, probably downing another flagon of rum in that infernal hut of his. If anyone would know about the recent blight afflicting the sugar cane crop, it'd be him alright.
The villagers seemed reticent to speak about the Marsh; they whispered haltingly of "something" that resides there. A kind of presence left over from the old days when this region belonged to the natives, and their great Cinchona Empire. Snake worshipers, some say.
What was that ahead? You can barely make out a dim ball of light through the vines and moss. Could that lazily swaying phosphorescence be the old shaman's camp?
Comments for "The Mangrove Marsh"
License details for "The Mangrove Marsh"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Woodpecker Young by By BenBoncan - www.freesound.org +)
- frog_concert_and_crickets by Glaneur de sons from http://freesound.org +)
- Hand Drums 1 by Jack Braglia [www.BlastAudioSolutions.com] +)
- water_splash by junggle from http://freesound.org +)
- small cave stream by Mariusz Jasionowicz - www.raresound.co.uk +)
- thrilling pad var B by Mariusz Jasionowicz - www.raresound.co.uk +)
- Grasshopper long by www.soundsnap.com *)
- Sounds of night by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license